Below is part of an article featured on the Crescendo website. Click here for the whole article.
Why do some children sing out of tune?
- They may not hear the sound of their own voice
- They may not understand the difference between singing and speaking
- They may not have had good models to imitate
- Too much accompaniment
- Repertoire may not be appropriate
- Lack of confidence
- Physical defect
How can you help?
- Provide a safe secure environment
- Be or provide a good model
- Choose appropriate materials
- Sit a child having difficulty next to a nice singer
- Children sing alone often
- Encourage and accept all efforts but do not say ‘good’ if it is not
- ‘Thank you’
- 1. say persons name
- 2. throw bean bag as high as you possible and make the noise with your voice
- 3. Sit down after you throw helicopter
- Encourage soft singing - you all must be able to hear the person beside you
The older children are the longer it takes to help them to sing in tune.
The whole article can be found at Crescendo Music.